The Glowbase PhD Progress Tracking Platform is an online tool that facilitates administrative work for PhD programs.
As a supervisor, you have all the information about the progress of your PhD students securely stored in one place and accessible at any time. Everyone who is entitled (you, the respective student, program coordinator, thesis committee members) has access to your student's Milestones and the corresponding information.
Students can edit all the required information about themselves and their dissertation. Their personalized "Milestones" give them - and you! - an overview of the most important milestones they have to complete during their PhD. The milestones they see are personalized and reflect the doctoral regulations of your university, your faculty and your PhD program.
Every Milestone represents an individual task that a student has to complete. This may for example include thesis committee meetings, a research plan, or course work. Instead of sending meeting protocols, certificates of attendance, and similar documents to you or the Program Coordinator, they can simply upload these documents into their Milestone and submit them for approval.
Note that every Milestone has a deadline. If a student misses a deadline, this will eventually result in a notification that informs you and your Program Coordinator about outstanding duties. This allows you to stay up to date about the progress of your students and to collaborate efficiently with your research group.
- Once your administrator creates your account, you will receive your personal login details by email.
- After the login, navigate to your profile. Check if your personal data is complete and make adjustments if necessary.
- Navigate to your "Institutional roles" tab. Check if the displayed data is complete. If anything is missing or incorrect, please notify your administrator.
- Navigate to your "Thesis committee roles" tab. Check if the displayed data is complete. If anything is missing or incorrect, please notify your administrator.
- Navigate back to the "Overview" page. Check if the page lists any milestones that need your attention right now.
- Report your first experience with DissGo to your administrator. What should be improved, what do you like? Is anything missing in your current setup?